Become a Stand-Out Candidate: The Best Job Seekers Strategy for Getting the Job You Want Most
For anyone seeking a new job, getting expert advice from an HR insider is like having a secret weapon. Tessa’s dynamic, interactive and entertaining presentation gives attendees the precise strategies that will transform the application and interview process. Getting a peek at how hiring decisions are made behind closed doors, what makes one candidate stand out over the others, and how to be that person is critical for everyone at a career crossroads, especially in today’s competitive hiring environment.
Getting a job can be an overwhelming task. Most people don’t know where to begin. Tessa will share the a step-by step strategy that gets applicants the attention and consideration necessary to land the offer. She will share the insider secrets on how to prepare for and lead any interview in a way that is as memorable as it is compelling to the hiring decision makers. She’ll also help listeners to avoid ineffective strategies, calm their nerves, learn the 10 things to never say and focus on how to package and present their experience and talents in a way that will be irresistible to future employers. Best of all, she will show them how to ultimately get the offer and command top dollar for their skill sets. The audience will learn:
- Outsmarting the Applicant Tracking System: How to create a resume that makes it through the online application process into the hands of a real person
- Repairing Skill Gaps: The best ways to quickly expand any missing skill sets to create a more robust resume
- Networking for Success: How to tap into industry news, be the first to find out about job openings, and wriggle into vital groups that can expand critical networking and get you noticed before you even apply
- Interview Prepping Framework : Define and package yourself as a ideal candidates as well as turn the most commonly botched interview questions into a competitive advantage for yourself
- The Forgotten Elements of Pay Negotiation: learn what can be negotiated in an offer and how salary is only one of many areas one can negotiate in an offer
- How to make sure you are the applicant they cannot forgot…and the one that gets the job
At the end of this dynamic program, Tessa’s audiences report feeling renewed confidence, “enthusiasm for the search process”, certainty and hope. Whether the audience is seeking C-level positions or entry level; whether they are newly minted MBAs or mid-career transitioning, this presentation will revitalize, energize and encourage attendees to find – and get – their ideal new role.